We're celebrating that superpower all teachers have—that innate ability to make enduring marks on their students. And then, nosotros asked a few of our favorite celebrities to tell united states of america almost their favorite teachers. Read on for incredible stories of how teachers challenged them, offered unconditional support and tapped into their confidence fashion before they knew fame was in their future!

1. Freddie Prinze Jr., thespian and author of Back to the Kitchen

"My favorite instructor growing up was Mr. Zelewski (Mr. Z.) who taught history, government, and social studies. He was different than other teachers considering he allowed the states to question what nosotros were beingness taught and question his philosophies. Nosotros could disagree, argue and debate in grade. In fact, he encouraged it. Eventually, we'd find our way to the right side of the topic. But, nosotros never forgot because he tricked us into educating ourselves and each other. Non enough Mr. Zs to become around on this swell rock. I was incredibly lucky to take him in my life."

2. Malcolm-Jamal Warner, star of Ten Days in the Valley (ABC)

"I was fortunate to accept several teachers who were positive influences on me as a educatee. My sixth course teacher, Joyce Dixon at Coliseum Street Schoolhouse, stands out every bit one who had a profound impact. She was the just African-American instructor I recall having while in the Los Angeles Unified School District. Miss Dixon had a loving female parent quality virtually her. In a setting where beingness a proficient student was often frowned upon by peers, she was very supportive and encouraging. She saw a light in me and often gave me classroom responsibilities which many times earned me the title 'teacher's pet.' In doing and then, Miss Dixon laid the groundwork for my agreement that friends who were non in support of my greater good were, in fact, not friends at all."

3. Carrie Preston, star of Claws (TNT)

"John David Lutz, my interim teacher at the Academy of Evansville in Indiana changed my life. He gave me applied tools to mine my ain resources when putting together all the ingredients needed to build a grapheme. I've been using what he taught me for my entire career. Mr. Lutz is, and will e'er be, my mentor and friend. He'due south also similar a male parent to me."

4. Scott Foley, star of Scandal (ABC)

"I was a terrible student and I went to three different high schools. At my 2nd high school there was an English teacher named Bill Heidi. When I was getting Ds and Fs in my other classes, for some reason I got Bs and As in his class. He'd walk through the halls and say things similar, 'Scott Foley, you're a nifty American!' That just stuck with me. A few years agone I read he passed away and I never got the chance to say thank y'all."

five. Katherine McNamara, star of Shadowhunters (Freeform)

"Miss Vicki is the reason I love to learn. When I was in pre-school, she saw a spark and a hunger for knowledge in me. She took the time to foster it while pushing me, challenging me, and encouraging me to believe in myself. I believe that she instilled in me a drive and a motivation plus the joy of learning. She framed school from the perspective of discovery, expanding one'due south horizons, and triumphing over obstacles. I truly accept her to thank for my educational success. She's the source of my desire to go on learning even into adulthood."

6. Lea Michele, star of The Mayor (ABC)

"Mr. Schue from Glee (played past Matthew Morrison), although fictional, is the best teacher I've had in my entire life. Listen, I had groovy teachers in loftier school, simply none that actually molded my thinking the way the grapheme that Ryan Murphy created did. I learned so much from watching Mr. Schue. Even though he was our friend and our bandage mate, he was also our leader."

seven. Darby Stanchfield, star of Scandal (ABC)

"I had a centre schoolhouse instructor, Mr. LaCourse, who took me nether his wing. He taught me things like how to fill out tax forms and stuff I would really need to know one solar day. Mr. LaCourse was very challenging in that style and expanded my view of what I idea I could exercise."

8. Erika Christensen, star of Ten Days in the Valley (ABC)

"My first acting teacher inadvertently instilled in me a drive to succeed. I was 14 and my teacher, John Homa, said to the whole class, 'Maybe three of you lot will make it.' I don't think he was trying to discourage people but I remember thinking that I was i of those iii. That'due south the greatest thing you can get from a teacher—the confidence to pursue something on your ain."

—Reporting by Kelly Bryant

Have you heard whatsoever more stories of celebrities' favorite teachers? We'd love to hear in the comments.